We are excited to announce our 2015 Track Junkies lapping event schedule, as well as some changes to the Track Junkies program that we hope will make our events even more enjoyable and popular.
Here are our 2015 open lapping dates:
- Friday, May 8 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (precedes WMCA race license school)
(For clarification, a race license is NOT required for any Track Junkies events)
- Friday, May 29 from 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM (precedes NASCC race weekend)
- Tuesday, June 9 from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Sunday, June 21 (Father’s Day) from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Friday, June 26 from 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM (precedes NASCC race weekend)
- CANADA DAY Wednesday, July 1 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Friday, July 31 from 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM (precedes NASCC race weekend)
- Sunday, August 16 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Friday, August 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (precedes NASCC race weekend)
- LABOUR DAY Monday, September 7 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Friday, September 11 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (precedes NASCC race weekend)
- THANKSGIVING Monday, October 12 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Registration is already open at trackjunkies.motorsportreg.com for our entire season of lapping events.
Special Events with Ross Bentley
We are very pleased to announce that Ross Bentley will be coming to Edmonton for a couple of special events to kick off our 2015 season …
- Friday, April 24 – Instructor Clinic. Open to all WCMA, NASCC, BMW AADS, and of course Track Junkies instructors and instructor candidates.
- Saturday, April 25 – Advanced Driver Clinic. Open to all solo-qualified drivers.
- Detailed information on these events is »here
- We thank WCMA and BMW AADS for financial contributions that significantly reduced the price of the Instructor Clinic.
NEW FOR 2015: TIME ATTACK run groups
You may already know that CSCC did not request any 2015 dates for their Solo1 program. To fill the gap, we will be offering at least one competitive Time Attack run group at each open lapping event, with AMB timing transponders available for rent. Participants can accumulate points throughout the season and qualify for prizes and/or trophies at the end of the season. Time Attack run groups will use RED (Advanced) group passing protocols. This does require a minor adjustment to our schedule … but thankfully Castrol Raceway is allowing us to run one extra hour per day so we can fit in this additional run group.
Subway is back for 2015!
Subway has again offered to sponsor lunches at our Track Junkies open lapping events. Please thank your fellow Track Junkies Peter Spencer and Paul Sarlis for making this great offer.
Castrol On-Track Experience is returning for 2015
In concert with Southside Mitsubishi , Track Junkies is again partnering with Castrol Raceway to offer “On-Track Experience”, where drivers can come out and run a few laps behind the Southside Mitsubishi pace car. This is a great opportunity for anyone who has never been on track, or who may be a bit intimidated by the prospect of solo lapping, to experience the track in a lower-intensity event format. Dates for On-Track Experience are May 13, May 27, June 10, June 24, and July 8 (all are Wednesday evenings). The cost will be $99 for the evening.